Located two and one half miles south of Tompkinsville, Kentucky adjacent
Old Mulkey Meeting House State Shrine, erected in 1798.
The Old Mulkey Meeting House
This church was first known as the Mill Creek Baptist Church. The congregation, organized in 1798, was reorganized as a Christian Church in 1809 by John Mulkey. A hundred and ninety-two years later, descendants of Matthew Kidwell are still members of the Christian Church in Van Alstyne, Texas.
Cousin, Donna Mossman standing by Matthew Kidwell's monument.
Special thanks to Donna for contributing these photographs.
Return to Our Family Pictures